What Data Do We Collect
Fishinguide collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number)
- Any medical conditions that would be useful to know about in an emergency
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Fishinguide with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Make an online enquiry or place an order for any of our products or services
- Email us with questions about our services
- Use or view our website (via your browser’s cookies)
How will we use your data?
Fishinguide collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account
- Keep you safe while fishing
- Email you with a newsletter
We do not share your data with any partner companies.
When Fishinguide processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Fishinguide securely stores your data at a secure datacentre within the European Union.
Fishinguide will keep your contact details for three years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from our database.
Fishinguide would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive our newsletters, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Fishinguide from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please use the unsubscribe link on the relevant email message.
What are your data protection rights?
Fishinguide would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to ask Fishinguide for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Fishinguide correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask Fishinguide to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Fishinguide erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Fishinguide restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Fishinguide’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Fishinguide transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Call us at: +44 7401 238904
Or write to us: Fishinguide Scotland
17 Moness Crescent
Aberfeldy PH15 2DL
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Improving user experience
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Fishinguide uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Session Cookies – used by the server to store information about user page activities so users can easily pick up where they left off on the server’s pages.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: +44 7401 238904
- Or write to us at: 17 Moness Crescent, Aberfeldy PH15 2DL
Any requests received by Fishinguide Scotland will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.